The world of internet marketing is always evolving and internet marketers need to stay on top of their game. It seems like every few weeks a new online tool comes out to help the burden of your work, but sometimes it can be overwhelming with all of the tools that are out there.
There are plenty of paid subscription tools that help internet marketers out every day, but if you’re a business owner or just getting started in the world of internet marketing and don’t want to dive in paying for a bunch of monthly services, then try out these free online tools.
Social isn’t going anywhere anytime soon
1. Hootsuite– Great for when you have a ton of different social accounts to monitor and schedule tweets and posts for.
2. Buffer – Free version allows to setup for one account on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Plug-in is great for when browsing and you want to share something. Also gives suggestions so you can keep your hopper filled up. You can schedule exactly what day and time you would like to post and on which social profiles. You get a queue of 10 scheduled posts on the free plan, but you can get more by referring people to Buffer.
3. Followerwonk or Tweepz – Both allow you to find social influencers for a certain topic or in a certain area. Followerwonk is made by Moz, so you know it’s good and it has a few more features like comparing users and analyzing followers.
Email is only getting better
4. Boomerang– If you are using Gmail, outreach email campaigns just got a little simpler. You can schedule out emails to go out at a certain time, and if you don’t get a response it can send the email again or remind you to send another one.
5. Email format – If you don’t know the email of someone you can put in their domain name and it will give you the likelihood of how that domain sets up their emails (first initial, last name or full first name and last initial, etc.).
6. Rapportive – Another great add-on for Gmail. When you are writing an email it shows a sidebar with that person’s social links and profiles to easily connect with them and make sure they are still at that current position.
7. Signals – Time to get weird. Signals by Hubspot sends you a pop-up notification (that can be turned off) for whenever someone opens up your email, what device they used, and if they clicked on any links in the email. If they keep opening it, you’ll know, and you should send them another email because hey, you know you’re reading their emails right now…creeper.
Got to Know Some SEO
8. Remove’em anchor text over optimization report – Just put in the domain and it brings back a table of your anchor text usage for your top keywords. Anything in red you might want to look into fixing. Naturally though, your brand will and should have the most anchor text mentions.
9. Rank Checker for Firefox – Just need to create a free username to be able to download this free Firefox extension. You can import long lists of keywords, save them, open them later, and get a good idea of how your rankings are doing over time. It isn’t the best ranking software out there, but it gets the job done quick, and is one of the few plug-ins keeping me from completely switching to Chrome.
Best Automation for a Marketer
10. IFTTT – Stands for If This Then That. As they say, put the internet to work for you. Work smarter by setting up recipes, or using ones already made, that say if this happens on the internet, then do this. If this then that has a ton of apps that it can use and ways to use them. Here are just a few ideas:
- Track competitor’s YouTube videos to see what they are doing
- Automatically tweet new WordPress posts
- Take any RSS feed and tweet their posts as they post
- When a journalist or writer tweets they are in your location, IFTTT will send you a text message or email to let you know so you can offer to take them out or meet up (Thanks for the tip Wil.)
The possibilities with IFTTT.com are really endless.
There are lots of other uses for these tools, and surely there are other online tools that everyone has their reasons for being there go-to. Feel free to drop a line below and add your favorite free online tool if it wasn’t mentioned here, or maybe you have a nice IFTTT recipe that you don’t mind sharing.